Friday, April 17, 2009

Day crossing the suez canal, we were 19 in a convoy of 26 going north betweeen the Sinai desert
and Egypt which is the only country located in 2 continents…Africa and asia….guard towers every ½ mile and the canal is about 110 miles long…I don’t think I have ever seen so many guns…a real money maker for Egypt the canal……no locks just some wide spots they call lakes where we pulled over to the side and let the south bound traffic thru….lots of sand on one side and the nile side was lush and green…
Day of the pyramids today…incredible sight….went thru cairo a small community of 18 million people,..expected the pyramids to be out on the desert however they are right next to a rather shabby part of the city….the sphinx in front of the pyramids Kodak moments everywhere…I did ride a camel again this time I didn’t look quite so uncoordinated…fun the camels name was Cleopatra…went into one of the tombs narrow passage and very low ceilings not everyone went in if you were the least bit claustrophobic….and was it hot….sand, horses, camels, donkeys, tuktuks (small motorcycles with a seating contraption attached), motorcycles, cars, trucks, and buses all on the streets at the same time…wild driving…weather was pleasant not too hot…

No comments:

Post a Comment