
Spring trip 2009.…starting on the airplane to Dubai
Hey all, we have recovered from jet lag and are now on the ship leaving Dubai.
We had a 20 hr. plane ride that seemed endless. From Portland to Minneapolis , Was uneventful…from Minnesota to amsterdam started out well, wonderful lst class seats, had my nest all spread out..personal TV, water, headphones, book, pillow and blanket, leg rest out seat back and comphy..now where am I going with this you ask…enter the chuckster…by the window he says I have to get out..leaps up and over goes the water in my lap, a full glass add two full water bottles in my lap along with everything else, leaving carnage in his wake goes to the restroom…now I don’t sleep as my left cheek and leg and lap are soaking wet as is my pillow and book and headset and remote…the flight attendant and I got a lot soaked up but the trip took forever…the next leg from Amsterdam to Dubai I slept all the way (finally dried out)
Dubai is very new and shiny, the building are spectacular and over the top, never saw so many cranes (working metal ones)…people are mostly covered up even at the beach, women with women and men with men …got to know what outfit went with what country…only 250,000 natives and 5 1/2 million others. Went on a sand dune adventure that made me car sick and scream also rode a camel (now that was a picture) a belly dancer and car mates were both from Africa, he worked in Afghanistan and she was going to school in geniva, switz. Very interesting couple, enjoyed talking to them and getting a new perspective on the world. Was in a 7 star hotel, has an aquarium that rivals maui’s, a ski slope in a shopping mall and some beautiful gallerys, a spice market and gold market. Now you have a picture of the last 3 days…
No comments:
Post a Comment