Monday, April 20, 2009

Should probably tell you about our table mates…all 4 are from England , chuck says they are a little stuffy, I am sorry but they are hilarious, I am learning some new words…one is “they were having a bun fight” meaning any chaos around food, a spotted dick , is a pudding cake of some kind, and having dinner served is so civilized….one couple and two ladies that remind us of the queen mum….very proper….have tea in the afternoon, all of the people we are meeting on this ship have cruised all over the world some several times…
We just got back from the Isle of Capri just 20 minutes by ferry from Sorrento, Italy…what a beautiful place…high , curvy, narrow roads and the drivers drive like maniacs…….gardens….old churches, lots of lemon trees….lots of people from allover Europe….tendered in from the bay….took the funicular or cable car down the mountain….

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. This is hilarious, Carol.
    I remember Capri from my trip way back in 88. Astounding views, and definitely remember the treacherous van ride to the top of the island.

    Sounds like a blast.

    When are you guys back? I want you to see Storm Large's show.

    Best,

    Chris Coleman

    ReplyDelete